Priory Park , Reigate
The old Priory was seized by Henry VIII during the Reformation and given to the Howard family. After many changes in ownership, and considerable changes to the building, it was acquired by Reigate Borough Council in 1948. There has been a school in the Priory since that date.
The Priory sits in extensive grounds, which is considerably larger due to a gift in the 1920s by Randall Vogan of what is now the southern end of the park.
Recently, the park was given a considerable uplift, costing about £6 million. Here for further information.
Extensive pictures and a more detailed history of the park can be found on Alan Moore’s Web site, here.
Views in Priory Park
Verio murals in the priory