I have had a variety of roles within the local community:
• Chair, Woodhatch Community Association, which runs the Woodhatch Centre in partnership with Reigate & banstead Borough Council
• For 14 years, I was Chair of Governors of Reigate Sixth Form College. I stepped down a few years ago.
• I was Vice-
• Chair, Action for Life, a local charity which runs a Walking for Health Scheme.
• I was a Trustee of the Sovereign Youth & Community Centre. Recently we reached an agreement with the local YMCA to take over and run the Centre. I helped them raise funds to establish a dedicated facility for all children and young people with a focus on those with a disability. More information here.
• I am a member the Adult Services Committee of Reigate & Redhill YMCA.
• Previously I was a Non-